Jump Start Application
The Spring 2023 session is from April 10 - June 30, 2023. The deadline to apply is March 30, 2023.
Jump Start prepares and assists graduates in obtaining entry-level employment in the field of public mental health in Los Angeles County.
The training is a combination of full days in the *classroom integrated with full days in a field internship.
- *Classroom: Monday through Friday, 9 AM - 3 PM, weeks one and two. Mondays and Fridays, weeks three to 12.
- Internship: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, weeks three to 12. Hours are based on internship agency hours (typically 8 AM - 5 PM).
*PLEASE NOTE: Classroom courses may take place online and/or in person, depending on COVID-19 restrictions and space availability for social distancing.
A calendar with dates for classroom versus field days and the location for specific classroom days will be given upon acceptance into the program.
Along with your application, you will need to submit:
- Current resume (in PDF or Word format only)
- Copy of your COVID-19 vaccination card
Applications will be reviewed for completeness, employment goals, desire to work in the field, potential internship matching, and other factors that can contribute to your success in the program.
The deadline to apply is March 30, 2023.
Based on the results of the application review, successful applicants will be invited to interview. Not all applicants will be invited to interview.
If you are selected to become a Jump Start Fellow, you will be required to attend a pre-program orientation.
Orientation will be held on April 10. Attendance is mandatory.
At Orientation, you will:
- Receive an overview of the program, what to expect, logistics, etc.
- Complete Jump Start paperwork
- Receive the first week's reading for Jump Start
- Receive information regarding your second orientation meeting at the field site where you will intern
For information, call 562-999-6964 or email us at email@example.com.
"*" indicates required fields