Jump Start Application The Spring 2022 session is from March 28 - June 17, 2022. The deadline to apply is Feb. 18, 2022.
Jump Start prepares and assists graduates in obtaining entry-level employment in the field of public mental health in Los Angeles County.
The training is a combination of full days in the *classroom integrated with full days in a field internship.
- *Classroom: Monday through Friday, 9 AM - 3 PM, weeks one and two. Mondays and Fridays, weeks three to twelve.
- Internship: Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday, weeks three to twelve. Hours are based on internship agency hours (typically 8 AM - 5 PM).
*PLEASE NOTE: Classroom courses may take place online and/or in person, depending on COVID-19 restrictions and space availability for social distancing.
A calendar with dates for classroom versus field days and the location for specific classroom days will be given upon acceptance into the program.
Along with your application, you will need to submit:
- current resume (in PDF or Word format only)
- Unofficial/official transcript (unofficial transcript must include your name និង degree(s) conferred)
- If you have been vaccinated, a copy of your COVID-19 vaccination card
Note: If you are submitting an official transcript, you may open the envelope and scan the document.
Applications will be reviewed for completeness, employment goals, desire to work in the field, potential internship matching, and other factors that can contribute to your success in the program. Applications received without transcripts will not be reviewed.
The deadline to apply is February 18, 2022.
Based on the results of the application review, successful applicants will be invited to interview. Not all applicants will be invited to interview.
If you are selected to become a Jump Start Fellow, you will be required to attend two pre-program meetings: orientation and a field agency visit.
III. Orientation and Field Agency Visit
Orientation takes place March 8, 2022. Attendance is mandatory.
At Orientation, you will:
- Receive an overview of the program, what to expect, logistics, etc.
- Complete Jump Start paperwork
- Receive the first week's reading for Jump Start
- Receive information regarding your second orientation meeting at the field site where you will intern
The Field Agency Visit takes place March 7 - March 25, 2022.
You will meet/interview with your field supervisor and complete all HR paperwork as needed. Please note that the meeting/interview and HR process may take up to several hours or may require you to return to the agency on another day. Specific dates/times will be provided during orientation.